Our Genome-in-a-Week package includes all the steps required to generate a fully assembled genome, starting from a pure culture.
- DNA isolation from bacteria, yeast or fungi: tailored and optimized for long read sequencing
- ONT genomic DNA (gDNA) sample preparation
- ONT sequencing with sufficient sequencing depth
- Genome assembly using proprietary bioinformatics tools to obtain the best structural quality
All these steps are completed within 5 business days. Additional possibilities of our Genome-in-a-week package include:
- Sequence polishing using Illumina sequencing (additional costs and delivery time), e.g. required for EFSA-compliant genome characterizations.
- For even faster, ultra-premium projects please contact your account manager to discuss the possibilities.
Applications for complete genome sequencing
Sequencing entire bacterial, fungal, or other microbial genomes is important for the generation of accurate reference genomes, microbial identification, and other comparative genomic studies. Applications include;
- Strain safety assessment and characterization as required for regulatory dossier submission
- Identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) profiles
- Novel species identification and characterization
- Quality control of microbial production strains and processes
- Rapid pathogen analysis